Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Combined DNA Index System
- Program by FBI to upload/search DNA profiles at local, state, national levels.
- Specialized software, secure network.
- Requires standard set of STR loci- FBI core
What are the indexes for CoDIS?
- Missing Persons
- 1)Unidentified remains
- 2) References samples (family members)
What type of profiles are uploaded to LDIS?
Crime scene DNA profiles only
What type of profiles are uploaded to SDIS?
- Crime scene and convicted offenders
- from local and state labs.
Who are the gate keepers for uploads to NDIS?
State CoDIS administrators.
Each state mandates CODIS policy through legislation.
- Authorized by DNA ID Act of 2004
- Established in 1998
- Managed by FBI
- Weekly searches
- Requirements for uploads
- 1) Accredited labs
- 2) QAS compliant
- 3) Follow NDIS DNA data acceptable Standards
What is in NDIS DNA acceptance standards?
- PCR protocols and chemistry
- Genotypes and allele designations
- Sample types
- STR loci and kits
- Temporary personnel
- Expert systems
What two loci in ID+ are not FBI core loci?
D2S1338 and D19S433
NDIS profile uploads requirements
- all 13 core loci attempted
- Convicted and arrestee MUST have complete profiles.
- Minimum 10 Loci for Forensic samples
- Minimum 8 Loci for Missing persons
What are the additional loci that can be uploaded at all levels but only searched at Local/State levels?
- Penta E
- Penta D
What three pieces of info are uploaded to CoDIS?
What two types of profiles are NOT uploaded?
Reference and elimination profiles
What are the key functions for CoDIS software?
- DNA profile data entry and management
- Searching profiles
- Match management
- Statistical calc
What stringency is recommended for forensic samples?
For familial searching?
What is an international database?
- DNA Gateway, Interpol, est. 2002
- access 24/7
- 46 countries participating
What is the military equivalent of a grand jury?
Article 32 Hearing
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview