SXA: Legal Issues
Card Set Information
SXA: Legal Issues
Article 120 has three date ranges, what are they?
1) prior to 1 Oct 2007
2) 1 Oct 2007 to 28 Jun 2012
3) After 28 Jun 2012
What crimes are covered in Article 120 (not including 120a,b,c)? (4)
3) Aggravated Sexual Contact
4) Abusive Sexual Contact
What crime is covered under Article 120a
What crimes are covered under Article 120b? (3) b for baby
1) Rape of child
2) SXA of child
3) Sexual Abuse of Child
What crimes are covered under Article 120c? (3) C for seeing
1) Indecent viewing, recording, or broadcasting
2) forcible pandering
3) Indecent exposure
What is the definition of a sexual act?
1) CONTACT or PENETRATION of penis w/ vulva, anus or mouth
2) INTENT to abuse, humiliate, harass, or degrade
3) GRATIFY sexual desire
What is the definition of a sexual contact?
1) TOUCHING or causing another person to touch
2) INTENT to abuse humiliate or degrade
3) GRATIFY sexual desires of any person
The "big five" is associated with which crimes? (2)
2) Aggravated Sexual Assault
The "big seven" is associated with which crimes? (2)
1) Sexual Assault
2) Abusive Sexual Contact
The big five:
2) Death or grievous bodily harm
The big seven:
5) Professional Purpose
6) Mental Disease
7) Concealment - V thinks another person
What is the definition of Force? (3)
B) Strength to overcome
C) Physical harm to coerce submission
What is grievous bodily harm?
serious bodily injury: includes fractured or dislocated bones, deep cuts, damage to internal organs, etc
What are two possible defenses subject may use with SXA?
2) Reasonable mistake of fact to consent
**marraige no longer defense
What is stalking?
1) stalk - would cause fear to another
2) stalk - should know it caused fear
3) whose actions actual caused reasonable fear
With regards to 120b, what age is associated with a child?
12 years old
with regards to child rape what is the distinction between a child age 12 and/or younger?
12 and under: commits sexual act upon a child less than 12.
12 and older: commits sexual act upon a child by (1) use of force, (2) threat, (3) unconscious, (4) drug
With regard to sexual assault of a child, what is the age requirement?
12 years old or older, anything less than 12 years old is child rape regardless
With regards to sexual abuse of a child is there an age requirement?
What is a lewd act considered?
Sexual contact with a child = sexual abuse
What is forcible pandering?
compelling another to engage in prostitution
Art 134 prostitution offenses still in effect
What is indecent exposure?
intentionally exposing, in an indecent manner, the genitalia, anus, buttocks, or female areola or nipple