The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- *returns leaked palsma to blood vessels after cleansing of bacteri & other foreign matter
- *innate (natural) defenses hinder pathogen entry
- *prevent spread of disease -causing micro-organisms
- *strengthen immune response
- *transport lymph fluid which contains lymphocytes, macrophages, antigens and collects excess fluid from the body's tissues.
- *form a one-way system and lymph flows only towards the heart.
*transported to the lymph nodes where antigens are processed and killed
- *help protect the body by removing foreign material (bacteria and tumor cells) from the lymphatic stream & by producing lymphocytes that function in immune response.
- *Remove antigens that circulate in the lymph fluid & blood
- *located left side of abdominal cavity beneath diaphragm & curls around the left side of stomach
- *filters and cleanses blood of bacteria, viruses, and other debris
- *contain B-cell, T-cells, macrophages, dentritic cells, natural killer cells and RBC's.
- *store platelets and act as blood reservoir.
- *site of RBC production during foetal development.
CELL MEDIATED IMMUNITY
- *when the body responds to pathogen by using lymphocytes & macrophages.
- *It recognized antigens and bind to them, communicate to the mount an attach on specific antigen.
CMI: Cytotoxic T cells
*destroy tumor cells, damaged or dysfunctional cells and cells infected by pathogens.
CMI: Helper T cells (T4 cells)
activated by the present of pathogenic antigens
Activated Helper T cells
maximise the immune system by activating and directing other immune cells and stimulated B'cell to mature and secretes antibodies
CMI: Suppressor T Cells (T8 cell)
- *depress the activities of other T cells and B cells
- *maintain immune system homeostasis
- *prevent autoimmune response
- * when the body response to pathogens by using antibodies.
- *B cells(lymphocytes) produced in bone marrow & response to specific antigen by immunoglobulin (antibodies-group of protein) or antibody responses.