Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mac OS Extended
- Legacy volume for Macs.
- Supports all advanced features of OS X.
- Case-preserving, but case insensitive
Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Default volume format for OS X.
- From Extended but adds advanced file system journaling to help prevent volume structure integrity.
- Logs when files are changed.
Mac OS Extended, Journaled, Case sensitive
- This volume format adds case-sensitivity.
- Not normally used when setting up a Mac for normal Mac OS X use.
Unix File System (UFS)
- Legacy volume supported by Mac.
- Default Unix file system for decades.
- Since v10.5 Leopard, no longer supported as a startup volume.
- Mounted as read only
File Allication Table (FAT32)
- Legacy volume for Windows.
- You can mount FAT32 in OS X.
- OS X can read and write FAT volumes.
New Technology File System (NTFS)
- Windows native volume format.
- OS X cannot start up from it.
- Disk utility cannot create volumes.
- Only mounted as read-only.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview