Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the most important nutrient for all organisms?
What are the functions of water?
- carrier of substances (universal solvent)
- temperature regulator
- maintains cell shape
What are the physical properties of water?
- high specific heat
- high thermal conductivity
- high heat of vaporization
What are the physiological characteristics of water?
- mobility of blood
- evaporative surface of lungs (dissipation of heat)
- boyd surface for sweating
- constriction of blood flow ability (temp. control variation)
What influences water requirements?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview