Fundamentals Exam 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the scope of nursing
care for patient, family, community
What is the practice of nursing?
- promote health and wellness
- prevent illness
- restore health
- care for dying
What makes the profession of nursing?
- client centered
- a helping profession
What are the different levels of nursing education?
LPN, ADN, BSN, MSN, diploma(not used anymore)
Nurse Practice Act
- regulate the ratice of nursing
- each state regulates own NPA's and licensure
- Protects public
Standards of clinical nursing practice
- standards that define accountability to the public
- reflects the values of nursing profession
- describes responsibilites that the nurse is accountable for
Code of ethics in nursing
- formal statement of ideals and values in nursing
- promotes respect for human rights, dignity, values, customs...
- supports actions to protect public
Patient Bill of Rights
- describes important issues "right to be informed, right to refuse..."
- providing confidential and cultrally appropriate care
- right to privacy
- right to have advance directives
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA)
- protects elderly from abuse, overmedicating, restraints
- Long term care
- Rehab services
- protects quality of life
- rights of residents
settings and roles of RN
- home health
- LTC clinics manager
American Nursing Association
- advance and protect profession of nursing
- foster high standard of practice
- promote educational and professional advancement of nurses
National League of nursing
- advance quality of education
- for individual and agencies
National Students Nurses association
- pre-professional for nursing student
- educate studen to better understand the legislative and political process
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview