Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Handrails on the open side of a temporary stairway must have:
A Midrail located approximately midway between the top of the handrail and the nose of the stair tread
When must headgear be fitted with chinstraps?
Chinstraps must be used when working higher then 3m (10ft) in the air. Also when exposed to high winds.
Describe "Lockout Procedures"
- - Secure all parts and attachments against movement
- - Control the haards of exposed energry sources
- - Lockout the energy supply to the machinery or equipment being maintained
List what must be done before netering a "confined space"
- Ensure power has been shut off
- Put lock on lockout ring
- Have the air tested before entering
- Make sure it is well ventilated
- Sign the Entry list
What is the absolute limit for approaching a 75,000V electrical power line?
3m(10ft) for an electrical line up to 75,000V
What is the osund signal to ask the operator to lower the hoise?
Three bells to signal to lower the hoist
What is the maximum pressure that can be used to clean with compressed air?
A worker can only use up to 10psi to clean with
Why is it important to remember to remove your lockout lock?
The machine will not be able to be powered on with the lock still attached
What must be done before moving bottles containing compressed gas?
Protective caps should be on all tanks and handled with care
How long of a time-span a worker should be checked on while in a Low hazard confined space?
In low level hazard spaces the monitor checks every 20 minutes.
How long of a time-span a worker should be checked on while in a Medium hazard confined space?
In medium hazard spaces the monitor visually makes contact with the workers at least every 20 minutes, more often if necessary
How long of a time-span a worker should be checked on while in a High hazard confined space?
In a high hazard space the work should monitored continuously
Workers are responsible for supplying their own:
- Proper clothing needed for protecting against natural elements
- General purpose work gloves
- Appropriate Footwear
- Safety headgear
What is the minimum width of an elevated walkway?
Elevated walkways must be at least 50cm (20in) wide and safe access to walkways must be provided
For a supervising Carpenter what are some of the safety concerns that carpenters are responsible for?
- The safey rules and regulations that govern the carpentry trade
- The safety aspects of every part of the work being done
- The safety of other workers at all times
- Use tools and equipment safely
- Maintain tools or equipment in safe working order
- Enforce safety regulations at the site
What type of gloves should you use when handling lumber or steel?
Leather or Vinyl-Coated Gloves
What type of gloves should you use when welding or flame cutting?
Gauntlet-type welders gloves
What type of gloves should you use when handling hot metal?
Gloves faced with heat resistant material
What type of gloves should you use when handling acids or cleaning solutions?
Rubber or approved plastic-treated gloves
What type of gloves should you use when working with electrical apparatus?
Approved insulating gloves
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview