The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The foundation upon which all TCP/IP Application layer services rest is a request/reply message architecture,in which clients send requests and servers issue corresponding replies
TCP/IP finds computer though which 3 levels of addresses?
- 1.Port Address (transport layer)
- 2. Logical/IP Address (inter network layer)
- 3. Physical/link/MAC Address (Network Access Layer)
A 48 bit long number represented by 12 hexadecimal characters burned into a network card (NIC card)
what are the 2 versions of IP and their bit size and type
- 1. IP version 4 (IPv6) - 32 bit numerical
- 2. IP version 6 (IPv6) - 128 bit hexadecimal
What are the classes in IPv4 and their IP range?
- A - 0.0.0.0 to 127.255.255.255
- B - 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- C - 192.0.0.0 to 184.108.40.206
- D - 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
- E - 240.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
What are the of networks and number of host within a network each class can have
- class A networks 126 host 16,777,214
- class B networks 16,384 host 65,534
- class C networks 2,097,152 host 254
What are classes D and E used for IPv6
- D - milticast
- E - reservered
Which service is in charged of providing IP Addresses for computers for a given amount of time?
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Contains a list of host names, aliases, and corresponding IP address
Maintains a list of unique names (not addresses) assigned to network resources –Files, Services, Users, Computers, workgroups, domains
Plain text files that lists NetBIOS name to IP addresses
Lan Manager Hosts (LMHosts)
Provides a hierarchical name space that maps to IP addresses. Eliminates need for Hosts/LMHOSTS files and WINS servers for name resolution.
Domain Name Service (DNS)
Used to transfer files to/from File Server
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
Used to deliver virtually all files and other data on the World Wide Web
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
Allows internal addresses (behind firewall/router) to be unknown to external networks [HIDES internal ip addressing] ; translates many to many ip addresses
Network Access Translation (NAT)
Translates different IP port numbers to a singleip address
Port Address Translation (PAT)