bio chem 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what can hydrate a million molecules of peroxide per second?
what influences the reaction rate?
- how fast two molecules can come together.
- if enzyme reacts as fast as diffusion rate: enzyme can't get substrate fast than that
what is a cofactor in an enzyme?
- non amino acid component required for activity of the enzyme
- apoenzyme + cofactor (heme) = holoenzyme
what are the two types of cofactors?
- small organic molecules (often from vitamins)
- if it is covalently attached it is called a prosthetic group
- enzymes that use the same coenzyme are often mechanistically similar
what is the activation energy?
energy difference between energy of reactants and energy needed for reaction to occur
what does the enzyme not alter?
the equilibrium of the reaction, the equilibrium is determined thermodynamically, independent of the path. Rate is dependent on path
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview