1. What are the 3 forms of Vitamin K? What is the most common form and the only form that can be made in mammalian tissues? What is it made from?
2. What is bioavailability in cooked spinach? What happens when you add fat? Why is bioavailability the way it is? How is free vitamer absorbed?
3. Which types of vitamers of vitamin K are poorly absorbed and less active?
1. K1 (phylloquinone) K2 (menaquinone) synthetic (menadione). MK-4 (common & made in mammalian tissues from vitamin K1)
2. 5%, 13%, bc Vitamin K is trapped. Free vitamer bioavailability is ~80%
3. Longer chains