The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Critical lab values to memorize?
- HCO3 (bicarb)
What is the 5 point physical assessment?
- For every new symptom, perform 5 point in under 2 minutes.
- 1) Central/Neural: make eye contact, ask how they're doing. Assess for eye contact, eye opening, and appropriate, timely response.
- 2) Central Cardiac: Listen to heart, listen for normalcy/ baseline. Look at ECG.
- 3)Peripheral cardiac: Feel pulses, strength, color, temp. Mottled knees = emergency. 10 seconds each pulse for each extremity.
- 4) Pulmonary: WOB, Resp Rate, even, PO2, follow tubes to equipment, lung sounds.
- 5) GI/GU if relevant: Distended,
Independent vs. dependent nursing interventions?
- Dependent: requires IP order
- IV rate
- Assessment AND REASSESSMENT
- IV patency
- Oral care
- Bed change
- IV start
- Hand washing