CDO 439 Assessment
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How? What is appropriate beginning?
- Types of disorders
- Familial and/or cultural dynamics
- Functional levels and/or severity
Purposes of Assessment
- Diagnosis or differential diagnosis
- Eligibility for services
- Establish baselines
- Developing intervention goals and objectives Data collection
- (You need to be reading the files, you need to be watching)
- Collection of data or information that is relative to the possibility of having or not having a problem
- Uses a predetermined cut-off score Results/data typically in a ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ ‘fail’ may result in referral for more intense specialized or comprehensive assessment
- K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9
- Universal newborn
- Hearing (required 38 states) bedside
Screening Instruments may include..
Diagnosis or Differential Diagnosis
Determine treatment or communication diagnosis
- What is the presenting problem
- What are the possible associated problems
- Disorders v. difference
- We often have black people in therapy to learn the Standard American English dialect so that they can code shift.
- Assign a “label” that will allow to “rule out” or establish through assessment
Eligibility for Services
- Supported by public and third party funding with guidelines for service provision.
- IDEA (PL 101-476 and PL108-446)
- Performance significantly below average (1.5 to 2 SD below the mean (specifically in
- Disorder status negatively impacts education
- Requires several different types of assessment data (never just one test)
- Sometimes MediCare will tell us what tests we must do, and we have to do those tests, but
- we can also do additional tests and use those to support the results of their tests or not support it.
- Problem established
- Determined eligible
- Description of current communication function (quantitative and qualitative)
- Profile of strengths and weaknesses in a variety of settings
- This descriptive information will serve as your baseline of reference points for measuring progress or subsequent performance and next phase of assessment.
Goal of Treatment
- Integrate (generalize/habituate) the targeted behaviors/skills from the clinical setting to the functional activities of daily living regardless the setting (education, home, community, work, etc)
- Families MUST be engaged and empowered for intervention to successful over time and across multiple settings/environments.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview