Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How many servings of grain do we need?
6 servings a day, 3 of which should be whole grains.
What is the equivalent of serving or ounce?
- -one serving of grains is 1/2 cup of cooked rice, pasta, cereal
- -1 slice of bread
- -1 cup ready to eat cereal
- - 3 cups of popcorn.
How many servings of vegetables do need to consume?
- 5 servings or 2.5 cups a day.
- -1/2 cup 100% vegetable juice
- -1/2 cup of cooked raw or frozen canned veggies.
- -1/2 cup of cooked or canned beans/peas.
- -1 cup of raw leafy veggies.
How many servings of fruit should we consume?
- 4 servings or 2 cups/day
- -1 serving is 1/2 cup
- -1/2 cup of juice
- - 1/2 cup of cooked, freash, frozen, canned fruit.
- -1/4 cup of dried fruit raisins/apricots
How many servings of dairy?
- 3 servings or 3 cups per day
- -1 serving equals one cup
- -1 cup milk
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 ounces processed cheese
- 1 1/2 natural cheese
How many serving of protein?
- 5 to 6 servings a day.
- -1 serving is one ounce.
- -1 ounce cooked meat, poultry or fish
- -1/4 cup of cooked beans
- -1/2 ounce of nuts
- -1 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter
- - 1 egg
Mayonaise is a source of cholesterol because of the egg.
proccessed meats like bacon require labels.
proccesed cheese includes velvetta and american cheese
red is a color used to encourage consumers to buy
the usda tables do not recommend we eat 1 tsp of salt.
most people 2 years and older should consume 2300 mg those who are chronically ill and black should consume only 1500 mg.
a low fat, low sodium can be labeled healthy if it is low in sugar. not true
The dietary guidelines are revised every 5 years.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview