Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the central nervous system based on?
- central nervous system is based on:
- - brain and spinal cord
What is the amygdala responsible for?
- responsible for:
- -regulation of emotion
- -initial emotional response to sensory info
- -plays important role in mediating anxiety
- -depression emotional memory
What does the right side of your brain do?
- right side is:
- -more spacial,
- -helps you read map
- -facial recog.
- -recog. non verbal sounds
- -address pattern
What are Circadian Rhythms?
- circadian rhythms are:
- -once about every 24 hours
- -ex. the sleep wake cycle(biological clock) occur in animals, plants, and people.
What did Freud conclude about dreams?
- freud concluded that dreams:
- -might provide insight into our unconscious and sex
What does Manifest content include?
- manifest content includes:
- -aspects of the dream we consciously experience
What does Latent content include?
- latent content includes:
- -unconscious wishes and thoughts symbolized in the dream
How do we understand a dream?
- to understand a dream we must:
- -distinguish manifest from latent content
- -not everything in dreams is symbolic
What is a Psychoactive Drug?
- psychoactive drug:
- -substance capable of influencing perception, mood, cognition, or behavior test
What do stimulants do?
-stimulants speed up activity in the CNS
What do depressant do?
-depressant slows down activity in the CNS
What do opiates do?
-opiates relieve pain
What is psychoanalytic?
-interpretations are often far fetched
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview