Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are some conditions that would exclude a pt from being transplant eligible?
- •HIV or AIDS
- •an incurable infection, such as tuberculosis
- •severe disease in another organ system, such as severe coronary heart disease, emphysema or cirrhosis of the liver
Considerations for donation?
- Blood type must match
- Living vs. cadaver? Living has better outcomes, but must pass physical and psychological tests.
- Donor kidney can be removed laparoscopically. Insertion is done open surg.
What are some rejection issues with transplants
- Antigen/antibody response-->inflammation, fever. Check WBCs with diff (type, number), temps to r/o infxn.
- Urine output, BUN/Crt.
- Pain/management.Heat at site think rejection.
Look up hyperacute
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview