The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the characteristics of Gram negative bacteria?
- Thin peptidoglycan layer
- Periplasmic space- beta lactamase production occurs here
- No teichoic acid
- Outer membrane- LPS, endotoxins are made here
What are the characteristics of gram positive bacteria?
- Thick peptidoglycan layer
- No periplasmic space
- Teichoic acid- IgA protease
- No outer membrane
Which organisms are opportunists (part of the normal flora)?
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Candida albicans
- Enteric gram negative organisms (E. coli, Enterobacter, Klebsiella)
Which pathogens always cause disease?
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Rabies virus
- Treponema pallidum