Past OFD Test Questions
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Hundred block split at 60 freeway?
Front & side suction hose & 2 1/2" filler hose tested at?
Once all hose has been filled for hose testing, the discharge valve shall be set at?
Approximately 1/4 open
BE 136 tank size?
WT 133 portable tank size?
Calculating additional GPM output
- From Static to Residual
- 0 - 10% = 3 times current volume
- 11 - 15% = 2 times current volume
- 16 - 25% = 1 time current volume
- over 25% = less then current volume
Tire tread depth for steering and non-steering axles?
- Steering = 4/32" on all treads
- Non-steering = 2/32" on all treads
WT 133 tank size
Aerial Capacities on grades?
- 0 - 6%(0 - 3.5 degrees) = Full Capacity
- 6% - 14%(3.5 to 8.0 degrees) = 50% Capacity
- Over 14% (9 degrees) = Operation Prohibited
What position should transfer valve be in when priming pump during drafting operations and why?
- Volume (Parallel)
- Air can get trapped inside pump if it is in Pressure (Series) and possibly reducing effective drafting.
Pump pressure for capacity test?
150 psi in volume for 20 minutes.
70% of rated capacity test should be pumped at what pressure?
200 psi for 10 minutes
50% of rated capacity test should be pumped at what pressure?
250 psi in pressure mode for 10 minutes
Water system zones locations:
- 13th = Between 8th and 4th streets
- 8th = Between 4th and Phillips/Mission/Francis
- 4th = Between Phillips/Mission and 60 w/o Haven
- Phillips = Between 60 and Riverside & Francis and Philadelphia e/o Haven
Water System Capacities
- 13th Street = 8.75 million gallons
- 8th Street = 35.75 million gallons(largest)
- 4th Street = 4.75 million gallons(smallest)
- Phillips Street = 14.5 million gallons
Don't operate unit 251 in wind conditions exceeding?
Always keep arial ladders at least how many feet away from all wiring?
Don't operate units 252, 253 & 254 with personnel on ladder elevated in wind conditions exceeding?
The ladders on 252, 253 & 254 are designed to operate in windy conditions without personnel up to?
What to do for "Check Engine" light while driving?
- 1. Check engine gauges for any irregular readings.
- 2. If no problems are detected, continue operation keeping eye on gauges.
- 3. Check all fluid levels
- 4. Notify mechanic shop
What to do for "Stop Engine" light while driving.
- 1. Check gauges
- 2. Stop operations
- 3. During Emergency response actions depend on factors (gauges, distance to emergency, type of response)
Hose testing procedures are found where?
Weight of 1 cubic foot of water?
How high does it take a column of water to exert 1 psi at it's base?
A 1 foot column of water will exert how much pressure at its base?
What is the head pressure for a body of water 150 feet in elevation.
65.1 psi (150 ft x .434 psi)
33.9 psi (14.7 x 2.304)
Pumps rated from a lift of how many feet?
Formula used for swimming pool.
L x W x H x 7.5 (gallons in cubic foot)
Formula use for a round tank.
Pi (3.14) x r2 x D x 7.5
Trinity Loop is who's district?
Camelot is who's district?
Holding Valves do what?
Prevent unwanted movement in Outrigger Jacks, Lift Cylinders and Extension Cylinders.
Interlock Override Switch on unit #251 allows what operation?
Short set - lower jack without fully extended
What does the Toque Box do on all trucks?
GPM for BE 136 Bumper Turret
What is the ICS 214?
Strike Team deployment duration?
Minimum 14 days up to 21 day.
Tread depth for tiller steering axil?
Crew members that don't want strike team assignments must find replacement by?
0800 - Captain must notify BC by this time.
Clearance lights colors?
Red on rear, amber elsewhere
How far can WT133's ejectors be pumped @ 100 psi and 200 psi?
100 psi - As low as 25 feet below pump or few hundred feet away.
200 psi - As low as 70 feet below pump or several hundred feet away
The governor cut-in pressure on an air brake systme is set at what pressure?
No less then 85 psi
The governor cut-out pressure on an air brake system is set at what pressure?
No more than 130 psi
Low air warning device must come on at what pressure?
Between 55 to 75 psi
Check engine belts for what?
Snugness (DMV), cracks, frays, excessive wear
Fuel on Units must be maintained at what level?
3/4 capacity or more
How many gallons in a cubic foot of water?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview