LET Day 14 Review supplement
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What should be done a train comes upon an imperfectly displayed signal? R228
The signal must be regarded as the most restrictive indication that can be conveyed by that signal.
What are movements that may fail to actuate block signals and/or highway grade crossing warning devices? R223
A single car or a single lite locomotive.
Who must give permission to operate a switch? R231
What is required for a train to enter a block to assist a standing train? R232
Dispatcher must issue a Form EC-1 to the standing train to prevent them from moving and a clear understanding btw both crews as to the location of the standing train.
What is required to leave equipment on the main track? R233
Permission must be obtained from the train dispatcher prior to leaving the equipment.
What is also in effect where ABS and CPS rules are in effect. R220
General Signal Rules are in effect.
What must be done when approaching the beginning of signaled territory? R221
Trains must approach the beginning of signaled territory prepared to comply with the indication of the first block signal in service.
When can trains operate according to the indication of the next fixed signal governing the movement? R224
- The next governing signal can be plainly seen.
- The rear of the movement has passed through all crossovers and turnouts.
- The train is not required to operate at restricted speed.
When leaving signaled territory and entering non-signaled territory trains must operate at restricted speed until? R225-A
- The movement of the entire train has cleared all turnouts and crossovers.
- Until the leading end of the train reaches the end of signaled territory.
When not governed by a fixed signaled (In btw signals) permission must be received by the train dispatcher to proceed. How should the train proceed? R225-A
- Restricted speed to the next signal, or
- to the end of signaled territory when leaving signaled territory.
what should be done when a stop signal id seen? R226
stop prior to any part of the train passing the signal
When in ABS territory and the leading end of a train stops less than one engine length after passing an absolute signal, what is required? R226A
Train must not proceed again without receiving permission from the train dispatcher. However; the train may proceed if the signal can be seen to be displaying an aspect to proceed.
When on the rear of a train an employee notices that the train failed to actuate a signal to display the proper aspect. What should be done? R222
- Stop immediately,
- attempt to stop other trains involved,
- notify the Train Dispatcher
What id required to open a power operated switch? R231
Permission of the Train Dispatcher must be secured before the switch may be operated, and or permission from signal indication
How is movement against the current of traffic governed?
- DCS rules
- Rule 89, 193
- Special Instructions
Trains moving against the current of traffic must not change direction to move with the current of traffic unless what? R231-2
The train is authorized to do so by the Train Dispatcher
If a train operating on a signal indication more favorable than approach encounter a stop signal or restricting signal what is required? R227
- Train must comply with the signal indication consistent with good train handling unless conditions require an emergency brake application.
- and report it to the dispatcher.
When one or more lower units of a color light signal aspect is dark, what is required? R228
- The dark aspects should be observed as though displaying red.
- Does Not apply to Rule C-1290(a)
If an improper signal aspect permitting a train to proceed, what should be done? R229
- Bring the train to a safe stop before passing the signal.
- Notify the Train Dispatcher and be governed by their instructions.
- Until relieved by the train dispatcher, an employee provide protection per rule 70
When in ABS/CPS territory and train is delayed in block how should the train proceed? R224a
Prepared to stop at the next signal not exceeding 40 mph unless governed by a slower speed.
If speed is reduced to 15 mph or less after passing a distant signal governing a railroad crossing at grade and/or the beginning of signal territory how should the train proceed? R230
Approaching the home signal prepared to stop.
What is required when 2 trains are working inside the same swiching limits? R230
- Both trains must provide protection against the other train.
- Movement must be made at a speed that will permit stopping 1/2 the range of vision regardless of signal.
- Engineer of each train must be advised.
What is required when receiving permission to remove standing equipment on main track? R235
- The train must stop 1/4 mile from the standing equipment and approach the location of the equipment at restricted speed.
- When the equipment is removed the train dispatcher must be advised.
What do signals in 261 territory convey? R261
Signal indication will be the authority for a train to operate in either direction on the same track.
What is required during a signal suspension? R266
- An alternate method of operation must be established and all trains affected notified.
- All trains must approach absolute signals prepared to stop and not pass without permission of the dispatcher.
- Approach all public crossings prepared to stop.
- Switches/derails must be operated as prescribed by rule 104-L
What are the requirements to pass a stop signal? R226b
- A train must have verbal permission of the dispatcher
- and be governed by dispatcher's instructions.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview