The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
CHANGING ENDS: (CUTTING-OUT)
- 1. INDEPENDENT BRAKE FULL APPLICATION,REVERSER REMOVED AND STORED
2. FULL SERVICE
on AUTOMATIC BRAKE, verify exhaust stops.
3. CUT OUT
AUTOMATIC BRAKE and set to HANDLE OFF
4. CUT OUT
INDEPENDENT BRAKE and set to RELEASE
5. Position other switches to TRAILING
CHANGING ENDS: (CUTTING-IN)
1. INDEPENDENT BRAKE to FULL APPLICATION and CUT IN.
2. Position switches to LEAD.
3. AUTOMATIC BRAKE to RELEASE and adjust REGULATING VALVE.
4. CUT IN AUTOMATIC BRAKE.
LOCOMOTIVE CONSIST BRAKE TEST
1. INDEPENDENT to RELEASE and confirm release of brakes.
2. INDEPENDENT to FULL APPLICATION and confirm brakes apply, then place brakes in RELEASE.
3. Confirm release, make a 10 PSI REDUCTION, after exhaust stops CUT OUT.
4. Check brake pipe leakage for 1 MINUTE, no more that 5 PSI.
5. Confirm brakes apply, ACTUATE brake cylinder, confirm brakes RELEASE.
STANDING LOCOMOTIVE TEST
1. INDEPENDENT to FULL APPLICATION
2. Position REVERSER
3. GENERATOR FIELD to ON, THROTTLE TO # 1.
RUNNING LOCOMOTIVE TEST
1. Begin movement. INDEPENDENT into APPLICATION ZONE; note cylinder pressure, and retarding effect.
2. INDEPENDENT to RELEASE, not dropping cylinder pressure and retarding is eliminated.
3. Make 15 PSI reduction on AUTOMATIC; note cylinder pressure and retarding.
4. ACTUATE INDEPENDENT; note cylinder pressure drops and retarding effect is eliminated.
ADJUSTING EQUALIZING RESERVOIR
1. AUTOMATIC to RELEASE.
2. CUT OUT AUTOMATIC.
3. ADJUST REGULATING VALVE.
4. CUT IN AUTOMATIC.
CLASS I BRAKE TEST
1. Charge brake pipe on rear to 75 PSI.
2. Verify AIR FLOW METER shows 60 CFM or less.
3. Obtain signal to APPLY brakes.
4. Make 20 PSI REDUCTION, allow exhaust to stop.
5. Receive a signal to RELEASE and release the brakes.
6. Verify brake pipe pressure is restored at the rear
CLASS I BRAKE TEST
BRAKE PIPE LEAKAGE METHOD
1. Charge brake pipe on rear car to 75 PSI.
2. Obtain signal to APPLY brakes.
3. Make 20 PSI reduction and the brake pipe to EXHAUST.
4. CUT OUT AUTOMATIC.
5. Wait for 1 MINUTE and note prake pipe pressure.
6. MEASURE brake pipe cylinder for additional 1 MINUTE not more than 5 PSI.
7. Receive signal to RELEASE AUTOMATIC.
8. AUTOMATIC to RELEASE, monitor EQUALIZING PRESSURE return to 90 PSI then CUT IN AUTOMATIC.
9. Verify brake pipe pressure is restored at rear.