Anatomy Practical #2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Functions of the skeleton
- attachment for muscles
- site of red blood cell formation
- storage of lipids
Two of the most supportive tissues found in the human body..
Cartilage and Bone
- Main component of an embryo, but in the adult it is replaced by rigid bone.
- Most abundant
- Connects ribs to sternum(costal)
- Articular cartilages
- Cartilages in nose
- Forms the wall of larynx
- Most springy/flexible
- Tolerates repeated bending better
- Supports external ear and epiglottis
- Consists of rows of chondrocytes alternating with rows of thick collagen fibers.
- Most effective in resisting compression
- Located between the vertebrae and forms meniscus in the knee joint.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview