diet therapy and assisted feeding chapter 27
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
goal of diet therapy
- treat & manage disease
- prevent complications
- restore health though appropriate diet.
- weight gain/loss
- % of meal eaten
- tolerance of diet
no food/fluid by mouth
- NPO 6-8 hrs before procedure.
- lead to vomiting and aspiration.
remains after digestion.
clear liquid diet
- clear soda jello.
- lack nutrition.
- broth has protein and electrolytes.
- low in fiber and soft consistency.
- eggs mash potatoes
- involved in manipulation of surgical incision.
- mental disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a normal minimum body weight, fear of obesity, disturbance n body image.
- can be fatal.
- eating disorder characterized by episodic binge eating, followed by behaviors designed to prevent weight gain, purging, fasting, laxatives,excessive exercise.
- med conditions: esophageal & peptic ulcers.
excessive accumulation of fat.cause: genetic, environmental eating habits,age gender, body physiology.
cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, gallbladder disease and joint disease.
abnormal blood pressure
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview