Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Fluid in between grana, where carbohydrate-formation reactions occur in the chloroplasts of plant cells photosynthesizing.
- Site of the light-dependent reactions of photosynthesis.
- Form stacks of disks referred to as grana.
- Thylakoid membrane surrounding a thylakoid lumen.
Stacks of thylakoids.
- A category of plastid.
- They are non-pigmented.
- They are white and colorless, so they are located in roots and non-photosynthetic tissues.
- Specialized for bulk storage of starch and lipids and are then known as amyloplasts and elaioplasts.
The ground tissue ofnonwoody structures.
- Stemlike shoot above the cotyledons attached at the hypocotyl.
- In most plants the epicotyl will eventually develop into the leaves of the plant.
- Includes plumules.
- The rudimentary terminal bud of a plant embryo situated at the end of the epicotyl, consisting of the epicotyl and often of immature leaves.
- Forms the shoot of the plant.
The embryonic root of the plant, and grows downward in the soil.
Stem of a germinating seedling, found below the cotyledons and above the radicle.
The undifferentiated plant tissue from which new cells are formed, as that at the tip of a stem or root.
- A meristem at the tip of a plant shoot or root that causes the shoot or root to increase in length.
- A meristem in vascular plants, such as the cambium, in which secondary growth occurs.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview