LET DAY 2 REVIEW SUPPLIMENT
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is required to occupy main track?
- Dispatcher Bulletins and Release Form
- Or Dispatcher bulletins and verbal release per rule 124.
Rule 130- What is required if you recrew a train?
Contact dispatcher prior to proceeding at other than a crew change point or for the purpose of yarding a train.
What are the speed restrictions during a heat order?
- All authorized speed permanent and temporary track speed restrictions over 30 mph to be reduced by 10 mph for freight trains and not below 30 mph during 1300 and 1900 hours.
- Freight trains with max speed of 60 that is reduced to 50 mph due to restricted equipment in train will not be further reduced.
- 10 mph decrease, not below 30 mph.
Three things to observe during a flash flood?
- 40 mph until the lead engine reaches the far limits.
- If unusual heavy rain/high water is encountered in the limits, approach bridges, culverts including other points likely to be affected at restricted speed. Notify the train dispatcher prompty when conditions that may affect the safe movement of trains are observed.
RULE 100J- What is required at an activation failure?
- When a flagger is present for both sides and/or police- proceed at normal speed.Flagger for one side only- proceed with caution, max speed 15mph.No flagger or police- Stop and Flag Crossing.
Rule 100J- What is required for a flagger?
- Must be notifed by the dispachter Flagger is present to provide warning.
- Flagger must have appropriate tools.
Rule 100J- Should the warning horn be sounded regardless of state law/city ordinances?
Rule 100J- When can you proceed at crossing failure?
2 flaggers present one for each side and/or police present.
see chart pg. 45 Operating Rule Book
Rule 89- What three requirements are needed when stopping inside working limits?
- Only the conductor or engineer can make notifications/get permissions.
- 1. Notify the employee in charge where you are stopped.
- 2. Notify the employee in charge why you are stopped.
- 3. Get permission for a restart before leaving.
Rule 89- What is needed to make a reverse move inside a form W?
- Permission from the employee in charge and permission from the dispatcher.
- Comply with all rules (signals).
Rule 89-What is the speed inside a form W when the employee in charge does not give you a speed or Maximum Authorized?
Controlled Speed not exceeding 20mph.
What are the three types of documents to move hazmats?
- 1. Emergency response information
- 2. Acceptable Shipping Papers
- 3. Position in train (CT168)
What are acceptable shipping papers?
- Railroad documents
- customer documents
- connecting carrier documents
- hand printed documents( radio way bill)
- Hazmat manifest
Rule 6400- What is required of a key train on a foreign line railroad?
To notify the foreign railroad dispatcher that you are a key train as soon as possible.
Rule 6402-What are the 3 types of shippments that make a train a key train?
- 1. 1 or more loads of spent nuclear fuel or high level radioactive waste.
- 2. 1 or more loaded tank cars containing POSION/TOXIC INHALATION HAZARD.
- 3. 20 or more loaded hazardous materials cars containing POSION/TOXIC INHALATION HAZARD.
Rule 6403- How are key trains determined?
- Computer-generated train list(work order) identifying Key Trainin the header block on the 1st page.
- Conductor determines Key Train by reviewing shipping papers(work order).
Rule 6404- What is the max speed for a Key Train?
50mph, unless further restricted.
Rule 6404- What is required when passing over a DD and notified of a defect, but a visual inspection fails to confirm evidence of a defect?
30 mph to the next DD if no defects proceed, if notified of the defect again on same car, it must be set out of train.
What is the max amount of powered axels to pull a train?
24 powered axels
Rule 5502- When shoving more than 50 cars how many powered axels can you have?
15 powered axels
How many powered axels are allowed for helper engines?
When must you update the CT168?
Prior to moving the train, after the train consist has been changed.
What are the different forms of emergency responce information?
- 1. Train Documents
- 2. Emergency Response Guide(orange book)
- 3. Material Safety Data Sheet
What to do if errors found in shipping papers?
- Correct the existing documentation if any,
- obtain the appropriate papers from the customer and/or railroad,
- get a radio way bill
When 2 speeds are shown which one governs?
The lowest speed
Which locomotive should be isolated if there are too many dynamic brakes?
The locomotive with the lowest dynamic brakes, except for the leading locomotive.
Rule 44- When a train encounters a Warning sign not covered by instructions, what to do?
- Proceed prepared to stop in 2 miles.
- If no conditional stop sign/temp reduce speed sign is found proceed at restricted speed for an additional mile unless otherwise restricted.
- If no signs are found after that train may proceed at authorized speed.
- Notify the dispatcher
Rule 44 A- What to do if a conditional stop sign is not found at a point designated in orders?
Notify the dispatcher
Rule 44 A- What to do if a conditional stop is found NOT covered by dispatcher message at location desiganted by an expired or annulled message or EC1?
- Stop immediately,
- Notify the dispatcher, be governed by their instructions.
Rule 45- What to do train encounters a temporary reduce speed sign NOT covered by instructions?
- Reduce speed not exceeding 10mph.
- This must be done as soon as the sign is seen.
- Attempt to contact the dispatcher.
- Unless released by the dispatcher proceed at controlled speed not exceeding 10mph for 2 miles after the leading end of the train passed the temp reduce speed sign or untill the rear of the train passes a temporary end restriction sign.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview