ch. 13 from notes
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- expectations and responsibilities of parents
- intentional learning of new role (active)
- incidental learning of new role
mercers four stages of becoming a mother
- 1) commitment, attachment, preparation
- 2) getting acquainted and becoming attached to infant
- 3) developing new "normal"
- 4) seeing themselves as a "mom"
rubins maternal phases
- 1) taking in phase 24-48 hours
- 2) taking hold phase- lasts weeks
- 3) letting go phase- independence to new mother role
- -parent to baby
- -parent to baby and baby to parent
maternal touch phases
- 1) mom touches baby with fingertips
- 2) strokes head and body
- 3) brings baby close to her/him
communication between parent and child
- -effects the majority of mothers
- -mild depressive symptoms interspersed with happier feelings
- -can take care of baby
- -typically occurs within a few days of bith and is self limiting lasting 1-10 days
- -hormonal changes, fatigue, stress
- -no treatment necessary
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview