Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When a member of the crew needs to go under of foul the equipment, what is required?
Make certain, through verbal communication, directly with the employee controlling the locomotive has provided 3-step and will remain in control of the engine.
What color should the indicator on the SALEM TWIN TOWER be?
Blue, and (white when bad)
Identify the names of the hoses on the front of an engine and the amount of air pressure in each.
- Brake Pipe hose - set by the regulating feed valve.
- Main Reservoir Equalizing hose - 130 to 145 psi.
- Actuating - 0 or 130 to 145 psi.
- Independent - 0 to 45 psi.
When uncoupling locomotives how should the air hoses be uncoupled?
- By separating them when slacking away with the locomotive.
- Do not uncouple them by hand.
What are the steps to set up the leading locomotive for Trail?
- Independent FULL
- Store REVERSER
- Automatic FULL (wait for exhaust)
- Automatic OUT
- Automatic HO (handle off)
- Independent OUT
- Independent RELEASE
- Switches DOWN
- Proceed Promptly to loco to cut in.
What are the steps to set up the Trailing locomotive for Lead?
- Independent FULL
- Independent IN
- Switches UP
- Automatic RELEASE, (equalizing Reservoir Adjust)
- Automatic IN
What are the names of the three switches?
- Engine Run
- Generator Field
- Fuel Pump Control
What is the regular position of the 3 switches?
When the Independent brake is cut out what is the name of the position?
Closed for TRAIL.
Name the Automatic brake position when in trail?
What are the 2 locations to adjust for the automatic brake?
- On the Automatic brake
- Accessed through Computer
GS-20 What is the safe way to handle air hoses?
- Assume a balanced stance.
- One foot outside the rail.
- Don't kick or strike.
- Be aware of end platforms, brake steps, and hazards.
- Angle cocks are closed.
- Don't extend over top or under draw head.
- Turn head away.
What is the purpose of the J RELAY VALVE?
Regulates brake cylinder pressure effort between different size locomotives.
What are the 2 different types of brake systems?
What is the purpose of th AUTOMATIC DRAIN/SPITTER VALVE?
Removes moisture from the reservoirs.
GS-7 List the safe procedures when handling doors.
- Don't use excessive force,
- Avoid pinch points (doorframes),
- Use door handles when provided,
- Be sure sliding doors track.
What are the 5 CSX CORE VALUES?
- It starts with the customer.
- People make the difference.
- Safety is a way of life.
- Fact based.
- Right results, right way.
What to do when dismounting equipment?
- Watch for live tracks,
- look at the ground for unsafe conditions,
- look both ways, etc...
What is the normal position for the AUTO DRAIN VALVE?
Where can stall an separaton reports be found?
On the gateway under engineer reading file.
After giving a creww member 3-step, can you assist them coupling air hoses?
No, cannot leave cab until released.
What is the position of the independent brake when in lead?
Open, Lead, Dead. (OLD)
A full service equalization is when what 3 pressures are the same?
- Brake Pipe
- Auxillary Reservoir
- Brake Cylinder
When air is going through the brake pipe, how much of an increase do you need to release brakes?
1 1/2 to 2 lbs.
What is the normal position of the retainer valves on cars?
How do you couple air hoses?
- Grab closest and bend up.
- Grab farthest pull toward bent hose.
- Put together, push down.
- Make certain firmly sealed.