The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does SDM stand for?
Security Device Manager
What O/S runs first when powering up an SDM device for the first time?
What steps must you use to first configure your SDM device?
- 1. Connect crossover cable to gigabit 0/0 to nic on your pc.
- 2. set your PC ip addrss to 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.248
- 3. open web browser to 10.10.10.1
What is the default username and password for your SDM device?
cisco and cisco
What is level_15 access?
Same as Privileged Exec Mode.
Can PAT be configured using SDM express interface?
Does SDM full support PAT?
Do you need to configure a default route for SDM devices?
How do you test internet connectivity usined the SDM interface?
- 1. At the SDM home page, click the monitor button at the top
- 2. click the interface status
- 3. In the list of interfaces, choose the interface that has internet connectivity
- 4. click the test connection button
What button do we click to access the DHCP settings?
What steps should you take when configuring a new switch?
- Configure an IP address and subnet mask
- default gateway
- apply passwords
- restrict remote access to SSH
What port do we use to configure a switch for the first time?
What type of cable is used to configure a switch for the first time?
What settings do we use when establishing a connection with a switch through the colsole port?
- baud = 9600
- data bits = 8
- stops bits = 1
- no parity
- Flow Control os Off
What commands are used to configure your switch for first time use?
- interface vlan1
- ip address [ip address] [subnet mask]
- no shut