The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In what stage does a WO actually get released to the shop floor?
PAC - Production Activity Control
What must be done to keep priorities current?
- react to changes in supply and demand
- expedite, de-expedite, add, cancel, or change planned orders
Where do most MRP process inputs, outputs, and calculations occur?
Inside a computer through an MRP program.
What are 4 major data inputs to the MRP process?
- Product structure file
- Inventory record file
- Item master file
What is an "item master file"?
- It contains planning factors such as
- Lot size
- Lead time
- Yield and scrap factors
- Safety stock
A Planner does what 2 main things?
- release the purchase orders to suppliers
- release manufacturing orders, or shop orders, to the factory
What does planning software do?
- plan for the release and receipt of priority plan
- updates the priority plan
What are some calculations done by Planning Software?
- Exploding BOMs
- Checking inventory
- Offsetting order release and receipt dates
- Keeps track of due dates in the priority plan and the status of materials and production
- replans MRP
What is the major building block of MRP?
What is a planning bill?
Plans material requirements for a family of end products.
What is a where-used report?
- A where-used report lists all of the items, or parents, in which a component is used.
- The opposite of a BOM.
What are 4 uses of "where-used" reports?
- identifying the parent items affected by an engineering change
- assessing the aggregate impact of costing changes for a component
- assessing the effects of component scarcity and setting allocations priorities
- assessing the benefits and costs of standarizing similar components
What are 5 things shown in a Pegging report?
- the parents creating demand for components
- the quanities required
- when those quantities are required
- where-used logic to identify current sources of demand
- may be single level or multilevel
What is exploding?
The process of determining the total of each component needed for a parent.
What is a firm planned order?
Tool that enables the planner to override the MRP logic.
What does a Planned Order become when it is released?
An open order.
What are some events affecting the priority plan?
- External -
- Changes to customer orders
- Supplier shortages
- Late deliveries from supplier
- Internal -
- Lower yields or higher scrap factors than planned
- Late or early open order completions
- Capacity or resource shortages
- Material shortages casued by inventory record inaccuracies