The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a. Heart
- i. Utilizing push of fluid by the heart
- i. Capillaries: exchange takes place between tissues and blood; also have veins and arteries
- ii. Blood never leaves the system; all the vessels are continuous
- 1. Some white cells can leave the system when there is an immune response, but in general, blood is not DUMPLED someplace
- iii. Continuous
- iv. Much more efficient because all the vessels are closed
- 1. Therefore, you’re not losing more pressure as blood goes through body
How many types? Names?
single and double circuit
i. Single type
1. __ than the double
ii. Double type
b. Although closed system more efficient than double, the single is less efficient than the double