The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Delimited by plasma membrane; includes nucleus and the surrounding protoplasmic materials.
Roots, stems, leaves
Sepals, petal, stamen, pistil, carpel (fruit)
- Covalent linkage; dehydration synthesis (removal of H2O)
- Polymer: eg. disaccharide
- Simple sugar
- C backbone
- Soluble/ easily digested
- Function: E storage
- Primary structural polysaccharide
- β-glucose; 1,4 linkage
- insoluble/ indigestible
- Function: structural
- H bonds bet. chains form microfibrils
- Links amino acids; N-terminus to C-terminus
- Carboxyl group to amino group
- Dehydration synthesis
- Triglycerides: neutral fats & oils; storage
- Hydrophobic, no polar bonds
- Cutin, suberin, waxes
- 2° metabolite
- Deposited in vacuole of cell wall
- Tannins: deter herbivores; toxins
- Lignins: cell wall; waterproofing, anti-fungal ex. anthocyanin
- Undifferentiated cells, found in zones of the plant where growth can take place.
- Give rise to various organs of the plant, and keep the plant growing.
- Developmental and phenotypic plasticity.
- Site of light depepndent rxns in chloroplasts.
- Stack= Granum
- Ground tissue; most numerous in plant body.
- In cortex of stems and roots, leaf mosophyll, and flesh of fruits.
- Living at maturity; Mitotic
- Well developed central vacuole & nucleus
- Thin 1o cell wall
- Apical mer.-> ground mer.-> parenchyma
Living at maturity
Non-woody part of plant
- A phenolic
- Enhances cell wall and waterproofing
- Deposited in cell wall, not vacuole
- Principle water conducting tissue
- Involved in conduction of minerals, support and food storage.
- Principally composed of tracheary elements: tracheids & Vessel elements
- Principal food-conducting and substance transport tissue.
- Lon distance signaling
Membrane surrounding a vacuole.