Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does CATCC stand for? It's purpose?
- Carrier air traffic control center
- Keeps control of all airborne aircraft under the operations officers cognizance except those being controlled by CIC
What does CDC stand for?
Combat direction center
What does CVIC stand for?
Carrier intelligence center
What is the TACAN? Where is it located?
- Tactical air navigation.
- Allows the aircraft to dial in a frequency and use it as a homing beacon back to the ship
- 2nd highest point on the mast
What are the 5 rates that comprise the operations department?
What is the TAO and what does he or she do?
- Tactical action officer.
- Granted weapons release authority by the CO and is in charge of the ships self defense
Who is at the top of the operations chain of command and what does he do?
OPSO - plan, coordinate and schedule operations of the ship and aircraft for logistics services
Who is our OPSO?
What is the basic flow function of CDC?
What does ASTAB stand for?
Automated status board
What is EMCON and what is its purpose?
- Emissions control
- To eliminate or reduce electronic emissions from the ship
What is METOC?
- Meteorology and oceanography (AGs)
- Provides weather information that can effect flight ops
What is the purpose if data links?
To share information
Nickname for data link: 4A
Nickname for data link: 11
Nickname for data link: 16
Nickname for data link: 14
What does MIO stand for? What is it?
- Maritime interdiction operation
- Operations designed to impose restrictive maritime sanctions on designated countries
What does NEO stand for? What is it?
- Non-combat evacuation operation
- Quick, safe, and timely removal of US forces from designated areas of responsibility
What is the difference between oprep3 pinnacle and navy blue?
- Pinnacle is national interest
- Navy blue is navy interest
What does CART stand for?
Command assessment of readiness and training
What does TSTA stand for?
Tailored ships training availability
What is an OPLAN and what's in it?
- Operational plan
- A plan for conducting military operations
What is an OPTASK and what's in it?
- Operational tasking
- Policies made by warfare commanders that outline intentions, responses, and procedures in the event of specific evolutions
What is USW?
- Undersea warfare
- Seek and destroy enemy submarines
What does ASTAC stand for?
Anti-submarine tactical air controller
Where is the TAO located?
CDC back row center
Where is the heart of the ships intelligence?
What is Gertrude/WQC-2?
Underwater telephone, allows us to talk with subs
What are the 6 warfare areas?
- Air warfare
- Surface warfare
- Undersea warfare
- Amphibious warfare
- Mine warfare
What is NIXIE used for? Where is it located?
- Torpedo countermeasure
- Fantail - port and starboard
What types of torpedoes does NIXIE combat?
- Wake homing
- Acoustic homing
What is the mission of SLQ-32 and how many antennas do we have?
- Anti-ships missile defense
- 2 antennas
What is ES?
Electronic support - search, intercept, exploit enemy electronic emissions
What is EA?
Electronic attack - prevent or reduce the enemies ability to use electromagnetic spectrum for command and control
What is EP?
Electronic protect - retain effective use of own EM spectrum for command and control comms system
What is confidential's color?
What is the primary mission of CIC/CDC? What primary rate works there?
- To provide tactical information and intel to command and control stations
What is the secondary purpose of CDC?
Control and assist
What are some ways we gather information?
Responsibility of the CDCWO?
Acts as an assistant TAO and is responsible for the coordination of all CDC functions
What is the purpose of CVIC? Primary rate?
- Responsible for providing intel for warfare commanders
What is the purpose of strike?
Designed to destroy a specific target at a known location
Basic phase in a ships training?
- Basic C2
- Weapons employment
- Warfare specialty
What does CART provide?
On the spot training for discrepancies
What is the purpose of TSTA?
Developed to focus on integrated training teams
What do you do if you hear beadwindow 3x on the net?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview