Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Persons total character encomposes
- Emotional State
nurses must keep the whole person in mind and strive to understand how one area of concern relates to the whole person.
constancy of the internal process of the body, such as blood O2 and co2, blood pressure, body temp, blood glucose, fluid & electrolyte balance.
- Regulated by negative feedback systems
- May require several feedback mechanisms to correct only 1 physiological imbalance.
emotional or psychological balance or a state of mental well-being.
- Needs theories
- Developmental stage theories
Maslow's Theories on Needs
Physiological needs-air,food,water,shelter, rest, sleep activity ant temp maint.
Safety & security needs-the person needs to feel safe both in the physical environment and in relationships.
Love & belonging needs-giving and receiving affection, attaining a place in a group and feeling of belonging.
Self-esteem needs-feelings of independence, competence, and self respect.
Self-actualization- the innate need to develop ones maximum potential and realize ones abilities and qualities.
Healthy people 2020
Vision- society in which all people live long, healthy lives.
- Mission- Identify nationwide Health Improvement
- Increase public awareness
- Provide measurable objective & goals
- Engage multiple sectors
- Identify critical research.
- GoalsAttain high quality,longer lives free of disease, disability, injury, premature death
- Achieve healthy equity
- Create social & physical environments that promote quality of life, health development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.
Stages of Health Behavior Change
- Precontemplation stage-does not intend to take action
- Contemplation stage- Acknowledges having a problem, intends to change, Not ready to commit to action.
- Preparation Stage-Plans to take action in the immediate future, Has taken steps to begin the behavior change.
- Action Stage- Makes observable modifications in lifestyles.
- Maintenance Stage- Strives to prevent relapse, Integrates new behavior into lifestyle.
- Termination Stage- Copes without fear of relapse.