Chp. 18- Culturally Responsive Nursing Care
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Ethnocentrism-the belief in the superiority of one's own culture and lifestyle
difference in care experienced by one population compared with another population
occurs when people incorporate traits from another culture
process by which the individual develops a new cultural identity
Health Beliefs & Practices
- Magico-religious health belief-health & illness are controlled by supernatural forces
- Ex: may believe illness is from being old
- Scientific or biomedical health belief- life is controlled by physical & biochemical processes that can be manipulated by humans.
- Holistic Health belief- forces of nature must be maintained in balance or harmony
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview