Chp 20. Concepts of Growth & Development
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
physical change & increase in size
increase in the complexity of function & skill progression
Factors Influencing Growth & Development
Growth & Devolp Theories
- Biophysical-development of the physical body(how it grows & changes)
- Psychosocial Theory- development of personality
underlying motivation to human development- psychic energy.
Stages of Growth & Develop
- Middle adulthood 40-65yrs- Lifestyle changes due to other changes; Ex: children leave home, occupational goals change.
- Young-old- 65-74yrs- Adaptation to retirement and changing physical abilities is often necessary. Chronic illness may develop
- Middle-old 75-84yrs- Adaptation to decline in speed of movement, reaction time, and increasing dependence on others may be necessary.
- Old-old 85 and older- Increasing physical problems may develop
manner in which people learn to think, reason, and use language and other symbols.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview