Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a normal CD4 count?
What is the life cycle of HIV in the body? 6
- attachment to host
- reverse transcription
- viral integration into host DNA
- viral transcription and translation
- assembly of the vision and budding
What is step 1 of HIV diagnosis?
- Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)
- screening test for abs to HIV
- result in 60 seconds - 2 days
- 90-99% sensitivity, 99% specificity
What is step 2 of HIV diagnosis?
- Western Blot
- confirmatory test to detect specific abs to each viral antigen
- performed for ALL positive EIA test
- results in 1-2 weeks
- 98% sensitivity, 99% specificity
How is AIDS diagnosed?
- A positive test for HIV abs and one or more of the following:
- CD4 T cells < 200 (or CD4 < 14%)
- Any of 25 "AIDs defining conditions"
- see page 14 of 1st packet
- Important for exam!!
How many NRTI?
How many NRTI combos?
How many Protease Inhibitors?
Name the 2 entry inhibitors?
- Enfuvirtide (ENF,T20) (Fuzeon)
- Maraviroc (MVC) (Selzentry)
Name the 2 Integrase inhibitors?
- Raltegravir (RAL) (Isentress)
- Elvitegravir (EVG *only available in Stribild*)
How many multiple class combinations?
Name them an what's in them.
- Atripla (Efavirenz/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir)
- Complera (Rilipvirine/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir)
- Stribild (Elvitegravir/Colbicistat/Emtricitabine/Tenovifir)
Abacavir - what is the brand name?
Didanosine - brand?
Emtricitabine - brand?
Lamivudine - brand?
Stavudine - brand?
Tenofovir - brand?
Zidovudine - brand?
What 2 NRTIs are in Epzicom?
What 3 NRTIs are in Trizvir?
What 2 NRTIs are in Combivir?
What are the 2 NRTIs in Truvada?
What are the brand names and class?
- (DLV) (Rescriptor)
- (EFV) (Sustiva)
- (ETR) (Intellence)
- (NVP) (Viramune)
- (RPV) (Edurant)
Atazanavir - brand & class?
- (ATV) REYATAZ
- Protease Inhibitors, hence forth referred to as PIs
Darunavir - brand & class?
Fosamprenavir - brand & class?
Indinavir - brand & class?
Lopinavir/ritonavir - brand & class?
Nelfinavir - brand & class?
Ritonavir - brand & class?
Saquinavir - brand & class?
Tipranavir - brand & class?
What are the 3 types of regimens for starting ART?
- 2 NRTIs + 1 NNRTI
- 2 NRTIs + 1 PI (Ritonavir-boosted PI)
- 2 NRTIs + 1 INSTI
What is the preferred NNRTI based regimen for treatment naive patients?
- NNRTI based
- Atripla which is:
What is the preferred PI based regimen for treatment naive patients?
- brand name followed by generic:
- Reyataz + Norvir +Truvada (Atazanavir/Ritonavir/(Emtricitabine/Tenofovir)
- Prezista + Norvir + Truvada (Darunavir/Ritonavir/(Emtricitabine/Tenofovir)
What is the preferred INSTI based regimen fo treatment naive patients?
- Isentress + Truvada
- Raltegravir + (Emtricitabine/Tenofovir)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview