Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
- 1. –e göre (as
- said/stated/maintained/indicated by)
- 2. –e göre,
- ile uyumlu olarak (consistent with, in
- accordance with, along with)
-den dolayı (Owing to, on account of, due to, thanks to, as a result of)
-den dolayı (Because of, owing to, on account of, thanks to, as a result of)
on account of
-den dolayı (Because of, owing to, due to, thanks to, as a result of)
on the basis of ST that
- … gerekçesiyle, -den dolayı (because of, due to, on the … grounds)
- She was chosen for the job on the basis of her qualifications and ideas.
- Some videos have been banned on the basis that they are too violent.
-den dolayı (Because of, owing to, due to, on account of, as a result of)
be concerned with
İle ilgili olmak (deal with, be interested in)
be involved in
İle ilgili olmak, -e bulaşmak (Play a part/role in, participate in)
İle ilgili olarak, hakkinda (Regarding, with regard to, concerning, in relation to, about)
1. tam…-ken (While, as the same time as) 2. tıpkı… gibi
turn out to be
Olduğu ortaya çıkmak, …haline gelmek (Become, grow to be, turn into, develop into)
Geride tutmak (withhold, reserve)
on the agenda
Gündemde (Under discussion/debate/ negotiation, on the table)
Örneğin (For example, to illustrate)
Örneğin (For instance, to illustrate)
- 1. en azından (as a minimum, no less than)
- 2. en azından, hiç olmazsa (at any rate)
Sırasıyla, müteakiben, nihayetinde (in order, sequentially, consecutively, one after the other, serially)
turn ST into ST
Falanı falana dönüştürmek (convert/change/alter/modify ST into ST)
- Kurmak (deney, düzenek, makine vs)
- She set up her stereo in her bedroom.
- ulaşmak, gelmek (sonuç, haber, mektup, telefon vs) (arrive)
- We stayed up all night watching the election results come in.
in all likelihood
Kuvvetle muhtemel, büyük ihtimalle (Almost certainly, very likely, in all probability)
e dökülmek, -e akmak- e üşüşmek (rush into, surge into)
go back [to ST]
- Kökeni …ya uzanmak (benzer bir kullanım olarak bkz.trace back ve date back)
- Their family goes back to the time of the Pilgrim Fathers.
date back [to ST]
- Kökeni …ya uzanmak (benzer bir kullanım olarak bkz.trace back ve go back to)
- The college dates back to medieval times.
- The custom dates back hundreds of years.
- Our friendship dates back to the late 70s.
(gelirken beraberinde) getirmek
in the long run
Uzun vadede (in the long term)
Özellikle (particularly, specifically, especially)
a set of
- Bir dizi… a set of false teeth a new set of rules to learn
make use of
- Kullanmak, -den faydalanmak (Use, utilize, take advantage of, exploit)
- We could make better use of our resources.
- You should make use of your contacts.
be made up of
den oluşmak (Comprise, be made of, be composed of)
- The job is great in terms of salary, but it has its disadvantages.
- The decision was disastrous in political terms.
- He's talking in terms of starting a completely new career.
Olmak, vuku bulmak, gerçekleşmek (Happen, occur)
be exposed to
-e maruz kalmak, -e acik bulunmak (be subject to, be vulnerable to, be susceptible to)
on the whole
- Genel olarak (In general, overall, generally)
- On the whole, I'm in favour of the idea.
- -yi netice vermek, -e yol açmak, -e sebep olmak (Cause, bring about, lead to, give rise to)
- The cyclone has resulted in many thousands of deaths.
in the sense Of
… anlamında, şu manada ki…
- veya tam tersine
- You can cruise from Cairo to Aswan or vice versa (= also from Aswan to Cairo).
… bakımından, şu bakımdan ki…
Açığa çıkarmak, salmak (Emit, exude, discharge, radiate)
in spite of
e rağmen (despite)
Tazmin-telafi etmek (make up for)
put into practice
Hayata geçirmek, uygulamaya koymak (put into action)
den önce (before, earlier than, previous to)
bakılmaksızın, hangi … olursa olsun (irrespective of
İzin vermek, bırakmak (permit)
set in motion
Harekete geçmek (Start in on, initiate, commence, embark on, launch, activate)
It follows from this fact that
- demek ki, buradan yola çıkarak deriz ki,
- If a = b and b = c it follows that a = c.
with the exception [of+N] [that+sent]
hariç, şu istisnayla
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview