Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Person's self-perception as a physical, social, spiritual being.
- -self esteem, efficacy, monitoring.
Forms of Self-Expression (4)
- 3)Job Satisfaction
- 4)Definition of Success
A person's knowledge, opinions, or beliefs
One's overall self-evaluation, or one's belief about their self-worth
Branden's 6 Pillars of Self-Esteem
- 1)Live Consciously
- 2)Be self-accepting
- 3)Take Personal Responsibility
- 4)Be Self-Assertive
- 5)Live Purposefully
- 6)Have Personal Integrity
Belief in one's ability to do a task
Sources of Efficacy Beliefs (4)
- 1)Prior Experience
- 2)Behavior Models
- 3)Persuasion from others
- 4)Assessment of physical/emotional state
Observing one's own behavior and adapting it to the situation
Organizational values or beliefs become part of one's self-identity
Stable physical and mental characteristics responsible for a person's identity
5 Personality Dimensions
- 1)Extraversion-outgoing, talkative
- 3)Conscientousness-responsible, dependable
- 4)Emotional Stability-relaxed, secure
- 5)Openness to Experience-intellectual, curious
Action-oriented person who shows initiative and perseveres to change things
Internal Locus of Control
Attributing outcomes to one's own actions
External Locus of Control
Attributing outcomes to circumstances beyond one's control
Stable characteristics responsible for a person's maximum physical or mental performance
Specific capacity to manipulate objects
Capacity for constructive thinking, reasoning, problem solving.
Mental Abilities Underlying Performance (7)
- 1)Verbal Comprehension
- 2)Word Fluency
- 6)Perceptual Speed
- 7)Inductive Reasoning
Complex human reactions to personal achievements and setbacks that may be felt and displayed
Ability to manage oneself and interact with others in mature and constructive ways.
- how we manage ourselves
- -Self-awareness, self-management
- how we manage our relationships
- -social awareness, relationship mgmt.
Striving for success by developing one's self-efficacy, optimism, hope, and resiliency
Ability to handle pressure and quickly bounce back from personal and career setbacks
A demanding, repetitive, and assisted program to improve one's performance
Considering the contributions of others and good fortune when gauging one's success.