Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the Functions of the Heart?
- Delivery of O2 to tissues
- Removal of CO2 from tissues
- Transport nutrients hormones
- Wastes etc.
- Acid-Base Balance
- Temperature Regulation
Functions of Right Sid of Heart?
- Receives blood returning from the body
- Pumps blood to the lungs for aeration through the pulmonary Circulation
Functions of the Left Side of the heart?
- Receives oxygenated blood from the lungs
- Pumps blood into the thick-walled, muscular aorta for distribution through the systemic circulation
provide one way blood flow
Provides one way blood flow from Right Atrium to Right Ventricle.
Oneway blood flow from Left Atrium to Left Ventricle.
Prevent blood flow from going back into the heart during contractions
- Small arterial branches that can alter their internal diameter to regulate blood flow.
- Through Vasoconstriction and Vasodialation.
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- MAP=Diastolic BP + [0.333(systolic-diastolic BP)]
THR=[(MHR=RHR)+ INT%] + RHR
Decrease in HR
- Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Via Vagus Nerve
- Slows HR by inhibiting SA node
Increase in HR
- Sympathetic Nervous System
- Via Cardiac Accelerator Nerves
- Increases HR by stimulating SA Node
- Rate Pressure Product
- Estamation of cardiac work
Sinoatrial Node, mass of specialized muscle tissues
- Atrioventricular Node
- Stimulated by the SA Node when spread across atria
Bundle of His
AV Node gives rise to bundle of his then transmits the impulse through ventricles over to purkinje fibers.
Depolarazation of Atria
- Signals electrical changes from ventricular depolarization
- Atria re polarized but not shown because QRS complex covers it
Delayed Reploaraization of Ventricles
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview