Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
The nucleus of the primary oocyte increase in volume to form ?
what happen inside germinal vesicle ?
- RNA synthesis increased
- decondensed chromosomal (lampbrush chromosome)
- high level of gene transcription
what organelles are much abundant in oocyte ?
what happen in oocyte ?
- rRNA genes are repeated to form nucleolus organizer
- transcript nucleolus organizer to nucleolus
- nucleoli provide cells with ribosomes
- production of ribosomes needed for an oocyte is accelerated
- synthesis of rRNAs by selective gene amplification
in insect ?
- germ cells become nurse cells
- develop as a clone of cells joined by cytoplasmic bridges
nurse cells ?
- synthesize RNA from repeated gene copies
- supply RNA to oocyte
what part of oocyte are syntheszed in the liver or fat body ?
yolk contains proteins, lipids, and glycogen to nourish the developing embryo
- accumulates in egg cytoplasm
- membranous vesicle hold water solube components
- water insolube yolk components exist as free droplets
the process of yolk formation is ?
where vitellogenin occurs in vertebrates ?
where vitellogenin occurs in insect ?
vitellogenins travel via bloodstream and taken up to oocyte by ?
receptor mediated endocytosis
what pituitary secrete ?
what follicle cell produce ?
estrogen cause liver to form ?
hypothalamus secrete ?
gonadotropin releasing hormine
vitellogenins formation in insects ?
- corpus allatum release juvenile hormone
- this hormone stimulate follicle cells to produce ecdysone
- ecdysone stimulates the fat body and follicle cells produce vitellogenin
oocytes receive signals from surrounding cells in ovary causing ?
assymetrical distribution of cytoplasm about an axis
stages of meiosis different of animal species are ovulated and fertilized
worms ovulation with germinal vesicle still intact, meiosis continues after fertilization
sea urchin meiotic division complete by the time of fertilization
human release from meiotic arrest at Prophase I, ovulation complete meiosis I. Second meiotic arrest at Metaphase II, end of maturation, fertilization follow
Oocyte maturation in amphibians ?
- hypothalamus release hormones to stimulate pituitary gland
- pituitary produces gonadotropic hormones
- this hormones stimulate follicle cells to secrete progesterone
- progesteron acts on oocyte surface
- oocyte maturation occurs within a few hours after hormonal stimulation.
what protein serve progesterone treated oocytes ?
maturation promoting factor (MPF)
maturation promoting factor ?
- is potein kinase
- positive feedback
- phosphorylate its own cyclin
what cause second arrest of oocyte ?
what keep the egg arrested in Metaphase II until fertilization ?
- c mos protein
- maturation promoting factor
- cytostatic factor
when calcium ion rise in the egg ?
when sperm entry egg surface
what destroy MDF and cmos protein ?
an immature follicle contains one oocyte surrounded by ?
somatic cell called granulosa cells
glycoproteins layer cover oocyte called ?
what extension within zona pellucida ?
microvilli keep space from what ?
oocyte developing and follicle granulosa cell
mature follicle is called ?
flui filled space of graafian follicle called ?
mature follicle are located near ?
the peryphery of the ovary
- follicular antrum bursts open
- oocyte surrounded by granulosa cells is ovulated
in amphabian, what follicle cell produce in oocyte maturation ?
how estrogen produce in mammal?
- hypothalamus release gonadotropin releasing hormones
- this hormone stimulate pitutary gland to produce follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone
- these two hormones stimulate granulosa cells to produce estrogen.
egg plasma membrane covered by glycoprotein layer called ?
what somatic cell is the same with follicular cells ?
the whole process of maturation of the egg is reffered as ?
- primordial follicle contains primary oocyte as its arrested at Prophase 1
- oocyte produce protective zona pellucida
- theca folliculi forms outside the granulosa cells
- membrana granulosa is basement membrane between granulosa cells and the theca
- fluid filled forms within multilayered granulosa cells covering aka secondary follicle.
what follicle only respone to gonadotropins of hypothalamus?
graafian follicle aka ?
when the first polar body is released ?
complete the first meiotic division
what secrete estrogen and progesterone ?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview