History-Mexican American War
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
was a Powerful Californio
- The idea that the US should stretch across North America
- (East to West) (Atlantic to Pacific)
Why did President Polk want to control CA ports?
- 1. He wanted to expand trade
- 2. protect the US
The Bears rebelled against the Californios because they wanted
to End Mexican government in CA
After gaining control of Sonoma, the Bears
declared CA free from Mexico
US and Mexico went to war because
the two countries could not agree on the border between them
What was one of President Polk's goals for the Mexican-American War?
To gain control of Californio
convinced Fremont to make peace with Californio leaders
In which direction did Stockton and his ships fail to reach Los Angeles
Kearny and his troops traveled west to
Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo
- -Founded the pueblo of Sonoma.
- -Wanted people in CA to have more say in there government
- was a map maker in the US Army
- Fought to add CA to the US
When? Where? Who?
- Northern CA
- James Marshall
Bear Flag Revolt
- Some group wanted it to become part of the US
Treaty of Cahuenga
- It ended the fighting in CA
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidlago
The treaty force Mexico to give California to the US
- May 1846
- The US declared war on Mexico because President Polk wanted to acquire California
Life in the Gold Fields
Gold is a natural resource. You cannot find them many places.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview