The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Similarities of the alternative medical systems
- traditional Chinese medicine & Ayurvedic medicine originated more than 2,000 years ago
- naturopathy and homeopathy originated in Europe
- all aided in improving health
What is alternative medicine
a group of diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that are not currently considered part of conventional medicine
Main domains of C.A.M.
- Manipulative & Body-based Therapies: acupuncture
- Mind-Body Therapies: yoga, meditation
- Dietary Supplements/Changes: nutritional medicine
- progressive muscle relaxation
- autogenetics training
- helps with general stress, depression, insomnia, ect...
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
develop beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, and skills to make positive changes in behavior
- therapeutic technique
- people express their strong emotions by talking or writing about the events that precipitated those emotions
approach promotes the collection, interpretation, and integration of the best research-based evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients
- foundation in traditional Chinese medicine
- 12,000 US practitioners
- 2,000 pressure points on body
- Uses include: arthritis, back problems, depression, ect...
- moving meditation
- cultivates balance between yin and yang
- process of providing feedback info about status of biological systems
- measured by electronic instruments