The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 徵(稅); 加(負擔等)於[(+on/upon)]
- The present trouble was imposed on him
- The government imposed a heavy tax on luxury goods.
- 憤慨; 怨恨[+v-ing]
- He bitterly resents being treated like a child.
- A dark shape loomed up ahead of us.
- There was a crisis looming.
- 俚】放鬆, 平靜下來; 放心
- kick back and relax.
- t may actually be a daunting task at our current skill level
- file an appeal
- lodge an appeal
appeal / v
- 對...上訴 / He appealed his case to a higher court
- 求助 / He appealed to his friends for support.
- 有吸引力 / The idea appealed to Mary.
- The doctor gave express orders that the patient was to have no visitors.
- They painted the house for the express purpose of selling it.
claim / n
- Mary made a claim to the pencil.
- 權利; 要求權; 所有權
- What claim does he have to the property?
claim / v
- (根據權利)要求; 認領; 索取
- The old man claimed the land.
- She claims to be a good pianist