Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Proclamation act of 1763
Forbid colonists to settle beyond Appalachians
England Contribution to Amer. Gov.
Limited, Legislative, Local Government
First Cont. Congress achievements
- Declaration of Rights and grievances
- Common Sense by Thomas Paine
Second Continental Congress acheivements
- Declaration of Independence
- Olive Branch Petition
Articles of Confederation
- unanimous voting required
- unicameral House
- absolute secrecy
- Committee of the whole
Federal government takes over all trade and commerce
Principles of the Constitution
- -Limited Government
- -Separation of Powers
- -Legislative makes the law
- -Executive enforces the law
- -Judicial interprets the law
- -Checks and Balances, comes from Puritans, comes from British
- -Popular Sovereignty is the idea of government by consent.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview