Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
4 steps fertilization ?
- sperm enter the egg
- penetration of sperm through egg envenlope with or without adhesion to vitelline envelope
- plasma contact and fusion
- egg activation
sucess of fertilization requires ?
parental mating behavior
sperm capability to penetrate the zona pellucida
process sperm movement by chemical attractants called ?
what occurs when sperm contacts egg jelly coat ?
- acrosome release hormone by exocytosis
- acrosomal enzyme digest a hole hole into egg jelly
- formation of acrosomal process
sperm egg adheision ?
- acrosome process extend to vitelline envelope
- species specific adhesion occurs
gamete fusion ?
- fusion of egg and sperm plasma membranes
- gamete fussion trigger egg activation (formation of fertilize cone)
egg jelly glycoprotein bind to receptor rise Ca to cause ?
protein cover acrosomal process is ?
in sea urchin sperm adhere at ?
jelly coat and plasma membrane
in mammal, sperm adhere at ?
- zona pellucida (vitellin envelope)
- plasma membrane
what space sperm enter between egg plasma membrane and zona pellucida ?
what protein cause sperm stick to surface of the egg ?
zona pellucida protein
which ZP3 bind sperm during sperm egg adhesion ?
ZP3 from unfertilized eggs
what acceleration of egg metabolism before cleavage ?
what second messenger system activated ?
- protein kinase C
- Ca 2+
- Phosphate C
what regulate in second messenger system ?
- phospholipase C
what reaction lead to slow block to polyspermy ?
what ions across egg membrane to trigger cell cycle to begin ?
fertilization potential ?
contact with sperm cause temporary change in membrane potential
when second messenger activated ?
contact between plasma membrane activate sperm receptor
what important to produce calcium ions ?
what cause IP3 generated ?
- plasma membrane contact
- gamete fusion
- plasma membrane contact together with gamete fusion
when fertilization releases egg from ?
the 2nd meiotic block
fusion of pronuclei forms the zygote called ?
excess of adhesion sites could lead to ?
polyspermy , fertilization of single egg by multiple sperm
what alternates with sexual reproduction ?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview