Consumer Behavior 2.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Most widely used cue to initially evaluate & define people we meet?
What are the functions determining household purchasing power?
Movement to expand luxury to the less affluent
Class to the masses
Subjective Discretionary Income (SDI)
an estimate by the consumer of how much money he or she has available to spend on nonessentials
one's percieved age, a part of one's self-concept; how old you feel
Age Cohort (generation)
a group of persons who have experienced a common social, political, historical, and economic environment.
- Born during the dramatice increase of births between the end of World War II and 1964
- Will represent nearly 80 million Americans in 2015.
- Heavy influenced by the Kennedy assassination
- Vietnam War
- Recreational drugs
- Sexual revolution
- Energy crisis
- Rapid growth of divorce
- Cold war
- Rock n' Roll; Beatles
- Born between 1965 and 1976
- Will represent roughly 45 million Americans in 2015
- Smaller gen that the generation before it
- Adulthood reached during economic times
- First generation to be raised in mainly dual-career households
- 40% spent at least some time in a single-parent household before 16
- Broad view of family, which may include parents, siblings, stepparents, half-siblings, close friends, & live-in lovers
all the people who occupy a housing unit
Household factors that influence purchase and consumption behavior
income & status
at least two members related by birth, marriage, or adoption one of whome is the householder (householder owns or rents the residence)
Household life cycle
HLC assumes that households move into a variety of relatively distinct and well-defined categories
Family Decision making
the process by which decisions that directly or indirectly involve two or more family members are made
family member who first recognizes a need or starts the purchase process
Individual who has expertise and interest in a particular purchase. Different individuals may seek information at different times or on different aspects of the purchase.
Person who influences the alternatives evaluated, the criteria considered, and the final choice
individual who makes the final decision. Of course, joint decisions also are likely to occur
Family member who actually purchases the product. This is typically an adult or teenager
user of the product. For many products there are multiple users
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview