Planning is to look deeper into a business to improve performance and accomplish business goals.
What are the four skills required in good management? (Explain)
1. Technical - Are the prodecures and techniques required to execute a job.
2. Human - The ability to work well with others.
3. Conceptual - The ability to work well as a whole.
4. Motivation to manage - An assessment on how motivated employees are within the workplace towards superiors, coworkers and how well they perform.
List and identify five mistakes that managers make most.
- Betrayal of trust
- Cold attitudes
- Overly ambitious
- Overmanning: unable to build a solid team.
What are the most used "competitive advantages" used by managers?
Employment security, selective hiring, self-managed teams, extensive training, high pay, reduced status distinctions.
How old is the study of management?
The study is 125 years old.
What work changed in the industrial revolution?
Machines run by unskilled laborers replaced high-paid, skilled artisans. Power changed everything. Division of labor made it possible to complete small steps, starting the first assembly lines, leading to mass production. Managers were able to coordinate and optimize performance.
What major companies were involved with he industrial revolution?
-Ford Motor Company: First assembly line
-Chicago Harvester: Largest factory in US
What is Fredrick Taylor famous for?
Father of scientific management.
Also for "A fair day's work" quote.
Henri Fayol is famous for what 5 management functions and 14 principals?