Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Land as Soon as Possible
Means land at the first site at which a safe landing can be made
Land as Soon as Practical
Means extended flight is not recommended. The landing site and duration of flight is at the discretion of the pilot in command
Loss of Visual Reference during Landing
- To initiate a wave-off following loss of visual reference during landing, proceed as follows:
- Collective - Increase to climb
- Cyclic - Hover attitude (on instruments)
- Selected heading - Maintain Warn:
- - Not only must descent be stopped to prevent impact with the surface, but also a positive rapid climb is necessary to regain visual flight conditions. Any delay may allow drift to develop, which could cause impact with ground/obstacles.
- - Consideration should be given to external cargo jettison.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview