Lecture 8 Chem
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Grams per mole of a compound or molecule
- Calculated by adding up bottom number on the periodic table.
- SYMBOL: Fancy italisized M
Grams per mole of a compound or moleculeCalculated by adding up bottom number on the periodic table. SYMBOL: Fancy italisized M
What is the molar mass of iron if .04530 moles of iron massed 2.53g?
- Molar mass equals Mass divided by number
- so 2.53/.04530 = 55.847
How do you convert grams to moles or moles to grams
- Determine how many grams are given in the problem.
- Calculate the molar mass of the substance.
- Divide step one by step two.
- This is what gets dissolved
- Example: salt in salt water solution
- This is what does the dissolving
- Example:water in saltwater solution
What is the definition of concentration?
concentration = number / volume
Formula for N in concentration.
N in chemistry formulas
- It's the count of something
- Number of molecules
- individuals, pairs, dozens, moles
Concentration expressed as the number of moles of solute per liter of solution
Calculate the number of moles of aluminum, sulfur, and oxygen atoms in 3.00 of aluminum sulfate. Al2(SO4)3
moles of = 6.00,9.00,36.0
- Multiply number of moles of individual element by the total, so in this case everything will be multiplied by 3.
- 3x2= 6 moles of AL
- 3x3=9 moles of S
- 3x12= 36 moles of O
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview