Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In your own words, briefly summerize the 5 key points of employee's safety responsibility:
1) Employees shall not engage in horseplay while on the job or jobsite.
2) When working on or near any energized line or equipment above 600 V, the only communication or conversation there should be is that which is absolutely necessary and essential to the work.
3) Employees shall report any hazardous or potentially hazardous condition, operation, or work and shall not engage in personality conflicts.
4) Employees shall not throw anything from an elevated position to the ground or from the ground to elevated positions.
5) All injuries, regardless of severity, shall be reported.
If the work or operations to be performed during the work day or shift are repetitive and similar, how many briefings shall be conducted?
At least 1, before the start of the job, each day or shift.
Is a brief tailgate discussion permissible, and if so, under what circumstances?
Yes, if the work involved is routine and if the employee can reasonably be expected to recognize and avoid the hazards involved with the job.
Who is the person that has been designated by the employer as having authority over switching and clearances of high voltage lines and station equipment?
System operator / Power dispatcher
An underground electrical installation that is fed from multiple primary sources directly associated with area-wide secondary network connected into a common grid is known as what?
An Underground Network
What is the word for the effective (rms) potential difference between any two conductors or between a conductor and ground?
Who may work on or near exposed energized parts?
Qualified employees only
What is the order of connection when a ground is to be attached to a line or to equipment that has been de-energized under the provisions of WAC 296-45-335?
The ground-end connection shall be attached first and then the other end by using a live-line tool.
What currents shall protective grounding equipment be capable of?
Capable of conducting the maximum fault current that could flow at the point of grounding for the time necessay to clear the fault.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview