1. What kind of receptors detect sour? What is specifically detected?
2. What kind detect salty? What is the ligand? (3) When ligand bind, what happens to channel? What does most salt sensation come from?
3. What kind of receptor do all of the other tastes use? What messenger does it use? What are teh two families? How does it determine what taste will be detected?
1. Ion channels detecting H+. H+ ions block K+ causing direct depolarization.
- Graded and will be proportional to amount of sour: more H+ --> more blocking of K+ ions --> increased depolarization
2. ion channels (Na, K, Ca). Channel depolarizes. Na+
3. Metabotropic - G-linked protein. T1R and T2R. Combo of different receptors and homo/heterodimers will determine how tastes are detected