Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- find common factors
- find 2 numbers which multiply to give c and add to give b
Splitting the Middle term!
(a,b,c are integers)
- 1. find ac
- 2. find 2 numbers (p&q)
- 3. use p&q to split middle term
- arrange into bracket by taking out common factor! (same bracket =1st bracket outside numbers =2nd bracket)
Solving equations by factorisation!
- factorise the question into brackets
- p and q equal the roots of the graph
- if both brackets are the same the graph only touches its root.
Complete the square
- 1. Halve the middle term
- 2. put this in a bracket with x and square the bracket
- 3. compare expanded form with what is required and adjust
Solving linear inequalities
solve the same way as an equation!
if you divide or multiply by a negative flip the sign!
you cant square or root both sides of an inequality!
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview